lunedì 25 marzo 2013

(ENG) HERO OF TODAY: LEAH MCHENRY (LEAH)

AFTER LISTENING AND REVIEWING THE BRAND NEW DEBUT ALBUM FROM CANADIAN SYMPHONIC GOTH ROCKERS LEAH, HERE WE'RE HAVING A LITTLE TALK WITH BAND'S FRONTWOMAN: LEAH MCHENRY!


When have you decided to become a musician?
I began writing music at a young age, somewhere around 13 years old. I've been addicted ever since! 

How much have you worked on your brightning debut album?
I worked on my debut album for over two years. I have a family so I decided to chip away at it whenever I could during that time. I think in the future I will do it differently and will get my next album out much faster. I have a good idea of the process now and how long things take. I'm excited to get back in the studio!

Could you tell me more about Old Worlds?
Sure. Old World was created partially from my personal memories and partially from a fictional story I came up with. I was inspired by an old Welsh graveyard and church, where all the tombstones were crooked and so old they were leaning everywhere. The grass was uncut and the area just felt super ancient. I went with that memory and built upon it and ended up with Old World! 

And what about Mainland?
Mainland was another fun storyline/concept I came up with! I'm very inspired by history as well as fiction and fantasy. I like to use my imagination and use that in my lyrics to create something unique. Mainland is a story of long-lost love and a desire to reunite.  

Last Christmas you've released a brand new EP, Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence, would you like make us a track-by-track about it?
Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence was a last-minute recording. I performed those songs at my debut concert on December 12, 2012 (12.12.12). I enjoyed them so much I decided to record them as a keepsake and also so my fans who are across the world who could not make it to my show would be able to hear what it sounded like! 
Let All Mortal Flesh is an ancient carol that dates back several hundred years. I love the dark lyrics and melody. I thought it would be perfect to convert to symphonic metal.
The Holly & The Ivy is also a very old song. I first heard Loreena McKennitt's celtic version of the song. I decided to do a cover of her version with my own twist and interpretation. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is a personal favorite of mine as far as carols go. This one was pure fun and the live audience loved it! 

What are your next project now?
My plans right now are to raise the funds to record a new album! I've started an online crowd funding campaign to get the process started! In the meantime, I am asking people to share my link with their networks, as I am completely dependent on word-of-mouth from my fans! And I will be releasing a single in the near future as a part of my campaign - to show everyone the direction my album will be going in!

Would you like to leave a message to our readers?
I'd like to say thank you everyone for listening to my music! If you like what you've heard so far, then you'll like what I've got planned! On my fundraising campaign there links where people can go and download my album for free! You can also still buy CD wallets from me too :-) Cheers!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento