martedì 14 maggio 2013

(ENG) HERO OF TODAY: PATRIK RANSÄTER (UNDECIMBER)


WAITING THE NEW REVIEW ON THE BIBLE OF METAL ABOUT UNDECIMBER'S DEBUT SEVEN NIGHTS OF SIN, HERE I'M HAVING A LITTLE SPEACH WITH BAND'S FRONTMAN AND VOCALIST PATRIK RANSÄTER! 

Lets go back in time when it all began, how was born Undecimber?
Wow...never thought of that question, for real haha. I started the band. It was just me in the beginning. I made some demo songs and played all the instruments myself. Then it was just a matter of getting band members to be able to perform live.

Is there a song that make you say "I will be a musician"?
Yes, very much so. The album Appetite p for Destruction by Guns N Roses turned my world upside down. It pierced right through me. My favorite song on that album is Nighttrain. I would play it over and over again. And it was right there and then, I just knew it, all I wanted to be was a musician. It was a good feeling, almost like becoming religious.

Which was the first song you have ever written?
Depends on what you mean. First song ever, that was a long time ago. Guns N Roses sparked my interest in playing music. Slash was the reason I started playing the guitar. In the beginning I was no way near good enough to play anything along the line of Guns N Roses LA type of rock, so I joined a punk band. First song I ever wrote was "State of the art", a three chord punk rock song about how awesome I was at kissing girls. Not that I ever did kiss a girl back then, but still. First Undecimber song ever written was The Wicked.

When have you started loving the darker style we can here on Seven Nights of Sin?
I'm afraid I missed out on the whole goth genre for quite some time. It was basically around the time of the beginning of 2000 when a friend played Vision Thing by Sisters of Mercy on his stereo. I never heard anything like it. Well of course I knew about the concept of goth, but I was never even curious about it. I ignored it. I was on a hard rock/metal train for decades, and goth never seemed hard and heavy so I never even gave it a chance. But when I heard it, it blew me away. The dark sensual sound was so appealing. I got so agry with myself for ignoring goth for all this time, just to discover how awesome it was.

When have you started working on your debut and how much time has it taken to be ended?
Our debute album was Seven Nights of Sin. We went into the studio late 2011, and it took around three months to record the album.

Could you tell me more about Aiming Low?
Well...the song is esentially about having wild untamed sex.

Is Together in Death dedicated to someone in particular?
Not the way one would expect. The song is about me. I was going through a rough time, so I felt kind of dead, haha.

Who cared about the cover art?
Actually, I did. I fucking hate clowns. For real. They are creepy as hell, so of course I wanted a clown. But the regular scary clown image seemed boring, so I came up with the idea of a creepy but sexy clown girl instead.

We're closing to the end, would you like to leave a message to our readers?
I'd like to express my gratitude to all of you who stuck with Undecimber throughout the years. Through all the pain, through all the craziness. You made it all happen, Undecimber would be nothing without you. You are the reason to why we do music.

Thanks a lot for your time Patrik! Hope you all the best!
The pleasure was all mine. All the best to you too!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento