mercoledì 15 maggio 2013

A NIGHT WITH: PETER BROMAN (AMAZE ME)

Guilty as Sin cover
waited for May 2013!

AFTER LISTENING THE NEW WELCOME BACK ALBUM FROM AMAZE ME, GUILTY AS SIN, HERE I'M HAVING A LITTLE SPEACH WITH PETER BROMAN FROM THE BAND!

Hi Peter and welcome on The Bible of Metal pages; I am Alex, nice to meet you!
Thanks for having us Alex! I must say that you have a really cool website!

How do you feel about this coming back after about 15 years from the last full lenght (Wonderland, 1999)?
I would never have expected this overwhelming and positive interest in the album! This album was made out of an honest love for this type of music. I didn't know how many people there were out there still listening to this genre but looking at the response there seem to be quite a few still! Since the album wasn't made with a "masterplan to take over the world makin' lots of money" ;) I would say it is pure joy!:)

How much have you worked on Guilty As Sin?
It has been on my mind for the last 3 years that it would be great fun to make another Amaze mE album. Since Amaze mE is about makin' music from the heart for me meaning -  it's not the same as when I'm writing for other artists where a lot of parameters are set from the start - like a certain lyricstyle, sounds and beats. I guess this type of music never again will be "contemporary" in the real meaning of the word even though Nickelback, Shinedown, My Darkest Days and bands like that has found a broader audience. We destroyed the future of AOR with our big hair back in the 80:ies! Can you forgive us? ;)

Is there a song that made you work harder than others on it? And what is your favourite one on it?
"Dying To Be Loved" was quite a struggle before it came out as it sounds on the album. It was actually an uptempo song from the beginning. Through that work it became a favourite so, I think that's the song I enjoy the most at the moment. Usually  that can change over time.

Could you tell me more about the opener Everybody? 
I wrote "Everybody" surprisingly fast for being me! The whole song was finished within a day and I also the production was done in record time. It was a song that "came out of the blue" in a good way.

Is "I Can't Stop Loving You" dedicated to someone in particular?
I'm connecting that song to a girlfriend back in the beginning of the 90:ies so it's not my wife that I divorced 3 years ago. :) I crashed really hard and it felt like I would NEVER feel good again BUT - time heals all wounds as the old cliché says! 

What are your next projects?
I'm gonna do some songwriting for both myself and others. Hopefully there´s a cowrite with Randy Goodrum coming up in the near future. It's always inspiring working with songwriters and musicians of his caliber. If ther's ggoing to be another Amaze mE album is written in the stars.

Would you like to leave a message to our readers?
Live your life the way YOU want and follow your heart - just as I've followed MY heart making this album . . . Pretentious - moi!!?? as somebody said in the series "Fawlty Towers" with John Cleese! ;)

Thanks a lot for the time you spent with me, good luck with Guilty as Sin!
Thanks, the pleasure was on our side!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento