lunedì 11 novembre 2013

A NIGHT WITH: DAVID REECE

EX-ACCEPT, MUSICIAN SINCE LATE 80s AND RECENTLY BACK WITH HIS NEW SOLO ALBUM COMPROMISE; HE IS DAVID REECE, LET'S MAKE A LITTLE TALK WITH HIM TO KNOW MUCH BETTER THIS NEW FULL LENGHT!

Hi David and many thanks to be on The Bible of Metal! I'm Alex, honoured to meet you here!
David Reece - Pleasure to meet you here as well Alex and hello to all the Bible of Metal readers!

Three years have been passed since your last solo album and then here you are once again with this rockin' Compromise!
DR- Yes! I really dig this album. I have a fire under me lately that I have not had in years and I think this album delivers some of it to the listeners.

When have you started working on it?
DR- I started thinking about it a few years ago. I started talking about it to a few friends and work mates and next thing you know here it is.

Could you make us a little track-by-track?
DR- it is a little tough to give it a track by track rundown but I would like to say that this album really shows a lot of diversity and I meant it to be that way. I don't feel the same way everyday and I'm sure neither do you or your readers. Some days I'm up, some days I'm down, some days I'm a little pissed off! I really encompassed that with this record from Ballads like "Someone Beautiful" and "Everything to Everyone" to "All Roads Lead To War" and flat out rockers like "End Of It All" it really runs the full spectrum of emotions. With the title of the Album, I have always had to deal with problems in life, just like everyone else, and some times you have to give in, to Compromise, to get to your end goal and I have dealt with that a lot in my life and I felt it was time to address it. I had a lot of guest performers on this record. Jack Frost ( Seven Witches, Savatage, Belladonna, Mattalium), Ronnie Parkes ( Seven Witches, Tango Down, Farcry), Paul Morris ( Rainbow, Doro, Nena), Andy Susemihl (U.D.O.), Tommy Denander ( Alice Cooper, Michael Jackson) Martin Kronlund, Christian Tolle. A trully phenominal cast of performers and writers. It produced by Martin Kronlund and Joey Vera ( Armoured Saint, Fates Warning). Ths record is just full of great songs and performances from top to bottom and I am extremely proud of it.

Is there a song in Compromise that you're more in love with?
DR- I couldn't really look at it that way. Songs kind of become your children at some point and I love them all, but I guess Everything to Everyone is probably the most personal for me from this record. I wrote it after loosing a dear friend to cancer a few years ago.

What're your projects for the next future?
DR- I have a busy year coming up ahead of me. We will be recording the new Tango Down record by December 2013 ad I am also working with Hans Ziller of Bonfire on a new EZ Living CD due out in Feb 2014 with a European tour to follow in the spring of 2014.

Would you like to leave a message to our readers?
DR- Go out to see live music, buy CD's, don't download music illeagally it really kills the quality of music you will hear and see in the future. It is hard enough to be a musician these days and people not supporting just makes it even harder. So Please support music!!! I love you all and hope to see you on the road in the near future!

-David Reece

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento