venerdì 29 novembre 2013

A NIGHT WITH: FREDERIC SLAMA (AOR) "The new album for 2014 is almost complete..."

AFTER HAVING A GOOD LISTENING OF THE BRAND NEW WORKD FROM AOR, THE SECRET OF LA (OUT NOW!!!), HERE I'M HAVING A LITTLE SPEACH WITH FREDERIC SLAMA, MASTERMIND OF THE PROJCT TO BETTER KNOW HIS 12th FULL LENGHT.

Hi Frédéric, thanks to be here on The Bible of Metal, what a big pleasure to me! How have you started working on this new "The Secrets of L.A" ?
Hi Alex, it's an honor for me to be part of The Bible of Metal ! I've started to work on the new AOR album "The Secrets of L.A" more than 1 year ago with my good friend and AOR partner Tommy Denander. I wrote many songs for that album but only kept the best and the most rocking ones. This is my 12th album and the sound is a lot more Melodic Rock than on my previous releases, so even people who didn't like my cd's before, should really enjoy it for what I consider to be my best album so far! It's true that for this album I had the chance to work with some of the best singers ever, like Jim Jidhed, Jeff Scott Soto, Fergie Frederiksen , Bill Champlin, Goran Edman & many more ..;

I liked pretty much the rocky riffing on Stage Struck, could you tell us more about the 2nd song of "The Secrets of L.A" ?
Yes i wanted to have a more powerful rocking song so the great Jeff Scott Soto could really show how well he sings ! A lot of people tell me it's one of the best songs he has recorded over the last few years. For this song i was very much influenced by a lot of hard Rock and Classic Rock bands i love like Aerosmith, Kiss, Whitesnake or AC/DC among many others. The result is astounding with the powerful voice from Jeff and the magic guitar solo from Tommy Denander.

Is there a song you loved more from this new release? Besides, do you remember the first song you have ever written?
It's always hard to choose between songs because i did a selection to put on this new cd. I recorded over 20 songs and only kept the 10 best. So no fillers at all on an AOR cd J ! I really like them all but i love particularly "Secrets In the Shadows" sung by the wonderful Jim Jidhed from the band Alien. On this song he even sounds sometimes like Steve Perry from Journey. It's a modern, powerful, contemporary song with a lot of 80's feel that will remind you of all the great bands from the eighties like Journey, Survivor or Giant.

What does "Back to San Francisco" talks about?
"Back to San Francisco" is a song about the cool times people had in that city during the 60's and 70's. Everybody was cool then and there was a lot of love (and drugs) going on. It was another time. I chose Bill Champlin (from Chicago) to sing it because he knew well that period of time and used to live there with all the musical heroes of the 60's like Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton with Cream or Janis Joplin. And Bill Champlin used to play there in the 60's with his band "The Sons Of Champlin". It's a song saying that it was a blessed period but you can't go back in time and that you have to enjoy life now and not live too much in the past.

Are you already thinking on a new chapter of AOR?
The new album for 2014 is almost complete with more great singers and big surprises. For the next AOR album, I will keep a rockier sound and it will be more Melodic Rock than ever. So get your ears ready for next year J

Would you like to leave a message to the readers?
I hope that the readers of The Bible Of Metal who enjoys good Melodic Rock will like this new cd and that they will keep on supporting the artists by buying the cd's and not illegally downloading them. It's the only way your favorite artists can keep on recording your favorite albums ! I want to thank everybody for their support and if you like good Aor music, you should really enjoy the new AOR cd "The Secrets of L.A" ! Keep on rocking my friends !!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento